Thursday 28 March 2013

A Bag for a Ballerina ...

Sugar and spice and all things nice ... Isn't that what all girls goodies are made of? I love making all the girly things although growing up I must admit I was quite a tomboy and would rather run around wielding a sword than brandishing a ballet bag. But the joys of having a girly girl for a daughter is that I can now at the age of 42 (dare I say it) experience all the girlyness.

So ... seeing a gorgeous ballet print fabric (when once again in the quilting shop just browsing she whispers) I just had to have it. It was in the baskets with the offcuts and just had to be rescued. I have made quite a few ballet bags but usually in satin so couldn't wait to use this pretty fabric. 


Some pretty ballerina print fabric ... add to that some tulle, satin and sequins trim ... wave your magic wand and say abracadabra!


Okay, it wasn't quite as easy as abracadabra but I did enjoy sewing this cute bag and they really are pretty easy to make. For all the purists out there ... please read no further ... I use my trusty glue gun to attach the tutu and sequins trim which makes life far easier. Gasp, shock and horror ... I know, I know. And while I'm admitting to short cuts ... I make the tulle tutu by sewing it onto elastic ... yes it's out there ... I did not gather it on my machine. The first time I ever tried gathering tulle ... my halo slipped badly as the curses came fast and furious out of the sewing room. Tulle is not my friend! So tutu and sequins attached, the last little detail is iron on gems for a little girly bling attached with my gem wand.

One Tutu Ballet Bag later ... and a satisfied smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica... what a lucky little girl.. a very happy one to, to be getting such a special bag.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment ... I really appreciate knowing that there are people out there in blogland reading my little blog!