Monday 30 January 2012

'... and I think to myself ... what a wonderful world'

The late great Louis Armstrong crooned 'what a wonderful world' ... and I pretty much have the same sentiments. My world is pretty wonderful at the moment and so is my garden. The summer rains have been most welcome & the garden is bursting with colour & song as the birds compete with each other. I love birds & their chirping & chattering ... except when they get going from 4am though!!! We have such an abundant bird life & even have a peacock & guinea fowl that have made themselves at home. My favourite time of the day to enjoy the garden is either early morning on a weekend ... when everyone is still asleep as I sip my coffee on the patio watching all the birds or at sunset ... having a sundowner with my sidekick watching the birds & if we are lucky enough a buck or two that wander down to the dam. Yep ... I am one lucky gal & I am thankful for my many blessings. Here are a few pics of the garden I thought you may enjoy ...
A glimpse of the patio. I planted up this basket about a month ago & am so chuffed at how nicely it has turned out! (one can blow one's own horn occasionally)
We have 3 lay hens ... this is Miss Erin holding Maddy


<>
<>
(oops ... 'scuse the ladder)
   
These are my salad & herb planters that my very clever sidekick made for me. They are outside the kitchen door for easy access so I don't have to traips to the veggie garden every time when lazy it's dark!


Now ... some news! We have an addition to the family. Let me introduce Lily
She is only 6 weeks & is the cutest little thing. She still has that puppy smell & of course Miss E is totally in love with her. The only downside is the waking up at night to let a crying Lily out to do her business in the garden. We have to keep a close eye on her as the owls would see her as a tasty snack! So from a sleep deprived state I bid you farewell & wish you all a good start to the week!

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is so lovely and I totally have chicken envy right now!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment ... I really appreciate knowing that there are people out there in blogland reading my little blog!